So, you want to know what “gal” means in texting? Not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Gal Mean in Texting?
In texting, “gal” is just a different way of spelling “girl”. It means the same thing, and it is just a bit shorter, so we could consider it an abbreviation. This term probably comes from the UK, where they refer to girls as “gals” all the time.
Whatever the origins are, “gal” has been seeing a lot of use online and in texting everywhere.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Get A Life
Examples of Gal in Text Slang
- Jamie – What is my favorite gal up to?
- Lisa – Not much, I’m just chilling.
- Tom – Can’t believe you got THAT drunk last night lol!
- Rachel – You know me, I’m a crazy gal!
- Johnny – A gal like you can have any man in the world!
- Monica – Aww, you’re so nice! Thank you!