Are you wondering what Gif means in texting? No worries, we will answer that question for you right here in this article. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Gif Mean in Texting?
Most people don’t know this, but “Gif” is an acronym for Graphics Interchange Format. Basically, it’s a short moving picture that loops constantly. Like a video, but in picture form. Nowadays people don’t use it as an acronym but simply say “Gif”. In texting, people use the word when commenting on the gifs someone posted. So now you know, when someone mentions a “gif”, they are talking about those moving pictures used in text messages.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- The fat under the chin
- Greedy inconsiderate fuck
Examples of Gif in Text Slang
- Kate – Oh wow, look at this gif, it is so funny!
- Julius – LOL. Damn, you’re right, it’s hilarious!
- Amy– I texted him about what’s bothering me and he replied with a gif!
- Chris – Oh wow, that’s messed up…
- Benedict – I really like talking to her, she sends the funniest gifs, I’m constantly laughing.
- Kylie – It sounds like you’re in love, dude!