So, you want to know what GTL means in texting? Not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does GTL Mean in Texting?
GTL is an acronym for “gym, tan, laundry”. This phrase was popularized by the show Jersey Shore, where people on the show used to say it. In texting, it basically means you need to leave. Gym, tan, and laundry, or GTL, represent errands you need to take care of in this context.
Of course, you don’t have to go and do those exact things, but consider it a weird metaphor.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Gas To Liquid
- Good To Last
Examples of GTL in Text Slang
- Ross – Oops, gotta go, it’s GTL time!
- Joey – Alright, talk to you later.
- Jacob – Can we talk right now?
- Tina – Nope, I gotta GTL, I’ll message you later.
- Chris – I wish you could have stayed with us for coffee.
- Janet – Yeah, me too, but I had to GTL.