So, you want to know what HBU means in texting? Not a problem, we will answer that question for you in this article. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does HBU Mean in Texting?
HBU is an acronym for “how ‘bout u?” or “how about you?”. This phrase is quite common in text messages and on social media nowadays. People use it in a response to a question when they want to ask the other person the same thing. Someone may ask you how you’re feeling, and if you want to know how they are feeling after you reply, just add an HBU.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Hook a Brother Up
- Horny Boy Up
Examples of HBU in Text Slang
- Randy – What’s up man, how have you been lately?
- Peter – Hey, pretty good, HBU?
- Jason – Man, we got so wasted last night, how are you feeling today?
- Zoe – I’m super hungover, HBU?
- Tracy – Did you have fun at the part yesterday?
- Vince – I did, it was great, HBU?