Are you wondering what “hmm” means in texting? Not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Hmm Mean in Texting?
In texting, “hmm” is used as an interjection that depicts that you are thinking about something that was said. It is that simple. Someone can ask you a question and you are unsure of the answer, you can simply type “hmm” to show that you are thinking about it.
It is basically a sound we make when we are in deep thought even in real life, but put to text!
This word doesn’t have an alternative meaning.
Examples of Hmm in Text Slang
- Bob – What is your opinion on Dave Chappelle?
- Raquel – Hmm, I used to be a fan, but I dislike transphobic humor.
- David – Do you know why gas has become so expensive?
- Leah – Hmm, I’m sure it has something to do with Russia and Ukraine, but I’m not sure.
- Luke – Who is your favorite rapper?
- Maggie – Hmm, that’s a tough one, let me think about it.