So, you want to know what IHY means in texting? You’re in the right place because in this article we will provide you with the answer. Just keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does IHY Mean in Texting?
IHY is an acronym for “I hate you”. It is really simple. This acronym is very common, and you will mostly see younger people use it when texting and on social media.
It is mostly used in a joking way when you don’t really mean it. You use it as a reaction to something that was written in a text message.
Acronyms like this one make life more convenient by speeding up texting. This way, you can reply to texts even when you’re busy with something else.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- I’ll Help You
- I Heart You
Examples of IHY in Text Slang
- Lydia – And then I simply forgot to let you know where we are… Sorry!
- Tom – IHY… But it’s fine, I guess…
- James – I went to Mcdonald’s and ate a Big Mac menu, it was awesome.
- Mia – Oh wow, and I’m here stuck on a diet. IHY!
- Andrea – IHY because you’re too nice to me and I don’t deserve it.
- Tommy – Come on, that’s not true, you’re amazing.