Wondering what “irk” means in texting? No problem, we have the answer to that question and you’ll find it right here. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Irk Mean in Texting?
Irk is a word that means to annoy or bother. That same meaning is used when texting. However, it could also be misspelled, and what you’re actually looking for is the meaning of IKR. IKR is an acronym for “I know, right”, which is a phrase that is commonly used when texting. However, this article will talk about irk, and for IKR you can look into our other post.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- I know, right (Misspelled)
- A slacker
- To turn a corner sharply
Examples of Irk in Text Slang
- Robbie – Did you notice how he never covers his mouth when he sneezes?
- Tia – Yes, that irks me so much!
- Lucille – Come one, who do you like, tell meeee!
- Amber – Jesus, you’re annoying, stop irking me!
- Amelie – Stuff like that really irks me, you know?
Joseph – Yeah, I get it, I hate racists too.