Are you wondering what IRL means in texting? That’s easy, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does IRL Mean in Texting?
IRL is an acronym for “in real life”. You use this acronym to refer to things that occur outside of the Internet. Nowadays, you will often communicate with people online about things that happen online, but when you want to talk about something outside of the realm of the world wide web, you can use IRL to let the other person know that this is a piece of information about you “in real life”.
This acronym can be incredibly useful in many different scenarios.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Indy Racing League
Examples of IRL in Text Slang
- Jack – Did you see Lucy’s new photo on Instagram? So hot!
- Michael – Yeah but she’s not that good-looking IRL.
- Joel – So wait, you know Lisa?
- Kim – Yeah, we’re best friends IRL!
- Lucy – I love talking to you, it’s like you know me better than anyone.
- Andrew – Yeah, but I can’t wait to finally meet you IRL.