So, you’re curious about what IRS means in texting? That’s easy, in this article we will provide you with the answer. Just keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does IRS Mean in Texting?
IRS is an acronym for “I’ll return shortly”. It is just an easier and more convenient way of typing this phrase when you’re texting. You can use it when you need to leave a conversation but you plan to come back quickly.
These types of acronyms are incredibly popular among younger people because they really speed up the texting process.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Internal Revenue Service
- Interest Rate Swap
- Income Removal System
Examples of IRS in Text Slang
- William – You were saying that you need to leave in 5 minutes?
- Barry – Yeah, but IRS!
- Catherine – Sorry, gotta go do some errands, but IRS so we can continue talking then.
- Lilly – Sure, I’ll be here, waiting.
- Tommy – Aren’t you meeting with Mike soon?
- Barney – Yeah, was just about to say that I gotta go, but IRS.