So, you want to know what IY means in texting? Alright, in this article we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does IY Mean in Texting?
IY is an acronym for “including you”. It is not a very common acronym, but you can still see it being used in texting in certain situations. For example, you’re naming people in order when talking about a subject, and you want to include the person you’re talking with.
You can simply type IY so they know you will be including them on your list as well.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- It’s You
Examples of IY in Text Slang
- Betty – How many people are coming to your wedding?
- Michelle – Not much, 60, IY.
- Kate – So, who would you say are your best friends?
- Lena – IY? You, Lisa, and Michelle.
- Donna – Hom many people did you invite to our gaming session tonight?
- Liv – IY? Just five!