Wondering what IYKYK means in texting? Alright, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does IYKYK Mean in Texting?
IYKYK is an acronym for “if you know you know”. This phrase is commonly used in everyday speech and in texting. You use it when talking about something that only certain people know of. It could be an inside joke, a reference to something, or a secret, but IYKYK is used to add melodrama to your statement.
Basically, you’re saying that everything is clear to those that know, and for the people that don’t know, they won’t find out! It can also be used as a hashtag.
This acronym doesn’t have an alternative meaning.
Examples of IYKYK in Text Slang
- Tyler – Man, last night was insane! IYKYK
- Brie – Come on! Tell me, please!
- Bobby – I’m not gonna say what Bobby did last summer but… IYKYK!
- Emily – Yeah, that was some wild stuff, let’s leave it at that!
- George – Well, gotta go. I gotta return some videotapes. #IYKYK
- Susan – Oh I get that haha, that’s from American Psycho, right?