Are you curious about what /j means in texting? Alright, we will try our best to answer that for you. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does /j Mean in Texting?
When someone types /j, it is simply an indicator that they are joking. The letter “j” points to that, and this is simply a way of tagging emotions over text. You use /j after you send a joke in a text, just to make sure the other person gets that you’re joking. It is good to use /j as a precaution so you don’t offend people with your joke.
- Actually, /j doesn’t have any alternative meanings!
Examples of /j in Text Slang
- Tommy – Hey man, just wanted to say that I hate you /j
- Jason – Haha, not funny…
- Lynn – I heard James said he wants to go on a date with you /j
- Gina – Damn, he actually said no, can you believe that?
- Glenn – So, my dog got hit by a car…
- Paula – OMG no, is he okay?
- Glenn – /j he’s fine. But I did crash your car…