Want to know what LBS means in texting? No worries, we’ve got you covered. Just read this article and you’re set! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does LBS Mean in Texting?
LBS is an acronym for “laughing but serious”. It is a commonly used phrase when texting, and younger generations replaced it with a nifty acronym. You use it when someone tells a story of something bad happening to them, but at the same time, it is quite funny. Or when someone is making you mad but they are funny simultaneously. Now you know that you can simply throw out an LBS in those situations!
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Let’s be serious
- Little bitches
- Little bastards
Examples of LBS in Text Slang
- John – Come on, I know I messed up, but did you like the teddy bear I bought you?
- Melissa – Yes I did, it’s funny, but still, you’re a jerk, LBS!!!
- Ryan – So basically, it started to rain while I was riding my bike to work, got there completely soaked only for my boss to tell me I’m fired and I have a nasty cold now!
- Timmy – Oh man, that sucks, I mean LBS lol
- Lucas – Hey, what’s up? Did you hear what happened to Tommy? That’s messed up, hope he’s okay.
Jean – Yeah, but he’s a jerk, so LBS.