Are you curious about what LY means in texting? No worries, we’ll answer that question for you right here, in this article. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does LY Mean in Texting?
LY is an acronym for “love you”. It is used very often in texting nowadays and can mean two things. The first one is naturally the literal meaning, so when someone types LY they mean that they love someone in the romantic sense. The other meaning is more casual (and more common nowadays) and is just a term of endearment between friends. So be careful how you interpret a message when someone types LY, it might not be romantic!
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Last year
- Turn a word into an adjective by placing -ly at the end
- Lyrics, used after quoting a song
Examples of LY in Text Slang
- Kim – Thanks for sticking up for me, LY!
- Christopher – Not a problem, LY too.
- Lance – Man, you’re the best, thanks for lending me that money, you’re my best friend. LY man, seriously, LY!
- Tim – Haha, LY too, no worries, just get your act together, please!
- Tony – Alright babe, then I’ll see you tonight at 8 PM. LY!
Hannah – LY too babe, see ya!