Do you want to know what * means in texting? Alright, in this article we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does * Mean in Texting?
The * symbol is used in texting to correct a typo that you messaged. It is simple. Basically, if you type a word incorrectly, you just use * next to the correctly typed word in your next message.
This makes it easier to show that you are aware of your typo, and also to help people understand what you meant in your message.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Data Transfer Facility
- Dial Tone First
Examples of * in Text Slang
- Lucas – I don’t feel like doing anything today.
- Gina – You are so spupid sometimes.
- Gina – *stupid
- Lucy – So, what are we doing tonight?
- Ellie – We can watch a mobie?
- Ellie – *movie
- Vincent – Are you coming over?
- Amanda – Yeah, i should be there in 10 mimuges
- Amanda – *minutes