Do you want to know what ) (parenthesis) means in texting? Not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does ) Mean in Texting?
In texting, ) or a parenthesis most likely just means that the person who sent it wanted to send a smiley face. A smiley face emoticon in texting consists of a colon and a bracket and looks like this :). The person probably forgot to use the colon.
However, in Russia, a single parenthesis means a friendly smile, so nothing is forgotten.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Friendly smile
Examples of ) in Text Slang
- Ellie – Hey, wanna hang out later? )
- Gina – Sure )
- Wally – And then I told my boss he will never find a better person for the job than me!
- Amber – OMG you’re so brave and funny )
- Tyler – Wanna go to the movies later?
- Mike – Yes, definitely, I’m super bored now )