Do you want to know what ~ (tilde) means in texting? Not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does ~ Mean in Texting?
In texting, the tilde (~) is used when you are trying to be cute and sweet. You can use the symbol at the start or the end of your message, or both. It gives the text some extra flair and makes it super sweet.
You can also use ~ when you are trying to be flirty.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
Examples of ~ in Text Slang
- Lewis – Hey girl, what are you up to today?
- Lisa – oh not much, waiting for your message ~~~
- Reggie – How is my favorite girl doing today? ~
- Regina – Hey babe, I’m fine, a bit tired.
- Jimmy – Hey, I wanted to ask you if you want to go on a date with me?
- Eden – Sure! Looking forward to it ~~~~