Are you wondering what LY means in texting? You’re in the right place because this article contains the answer you’re looking for. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does ^^ Mean in Texting?
The ^^ emoticon basically means that you’re happy, and derives its roots from Asian culture, most notably Japanese anime cartoons. It is also quite popular in Korea. This emoticon represents a pair of eyes that are closed from smiling. It can also represent that you have a friendly attitude and are generally in a good mood.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Scroll up
- Mate (Australian term)
- Look up
Examples of ^^ in Text Slang
- Jake – Oh man, I’ve had such a great day today! ^^
- Randy – Damn, good for you, mine was pretty bad haha.
- Brett – Saw you from across the street today, you seemed incredibly happy…
- Royce – Yeah, the girl I like texted me back ^^
- Tina – Hey, I’m assigned to be your mentor, so if you need anything let me know and I’ll be sure to help! ^^
Lisa – Haha thanks, you’re too kind!