So, you’re curious about what :/ means in texting? Not a problem, you will get your answer to that question right here, so keep reading! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does :/ Mean in Texting?
The :/ emoticon is a bit hard to explain. In general, it represents a resignation, when you feel like you don’t really have anything to add to the conversation. You can also use it at the end of your own message for the same reason. This emoticon represents the feeling when you don’t care, everything is the same to you.
However, you can also use it after you say something silly or stupid, or when you’re conflicted about your reply to a message.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Agreeable response
- You’re unsure
Examples of :/ in Text Slang
- Mike – damn, I really don’t know if I should text Angie :/
- Melissa – Not sure either man, do what you feel :/
- Mark – Got fired, my girl dumped me, everything sucks…
- Ben – I feel you, life is hard :/
- Claire – So, what do you want to do for your birthday?
- Emmy – Honestly, I don’t care :/