So, you want to know what $ means in texting? That’s easy, all you need to do is keep readin this article and you will find out! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does $ Mean in Texting?
The dollar sign, or $, obviously represents US currency, but it also stands for money in general in texting. When people talk about money, they will often replace the word “money” with the $ sign.
It is that simple. People look for all kinds of ways to save time when typing, and this is just one of them.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Expensive things
Examples of $ in Text Slang
- Mickey – How much $ is he making?
- Jeff – A lot, the dude is rich!
- Will – I need to work harder, running out of $$$
- Jada – Damn, tell me about it…
- Carrie – Ready to make some $?
- Royce – Yup, let’s go, we start at 8 PM.