So, you’re curious about what @ means in texting? Not a problem, in this article we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is read on and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does @ Mean in Texting?
In texting, the @ symbol stands for “at”. Yes, it is simply a way of making this short word even shorter.
However, when used on social media in front of someone’s name, you can “tag” that person in a post or comment. This also happens in group chats.
In general chatting situations, it just represents the word at, and it is convenient to use @ instead of it. People are used to it and it has become the standard in a way.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- A character between the username and the hostname in an e-mail
Examples of @ in Text Slang
- Nick – Hey, where are you @?
- Miles – I’m @ John’s, can we meet a bit later?
- Julia – Hey, are we going shopping later?
- Roseanne – Yup, meet me @ the usual spot at 5 PM.
- Cecilia – Where were you last night?
- Austin – I was @ Mike’s place, we had fun if you know what I mean…