Are you curious about what ? means in texting? A simple question mark can hide multiple meanings, and we’re here to give you the answer. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does ? Mean in Texting?
A question mark (?) by itself in texting can mean a lot of things. However, the most common use of it is when you want to show that you’re in a state of shock about something. Someone gave you an unexpected piece of info and you need to learn more about it, so you can’t type anything but a question mark. You can use multiple question marks as well.
It can also mean that you’re confused about something and need more info.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- You have to be kidding me
- Please elaborate
- You are wondering if someone is interested in you
Examples of ? in Text Slang
- George – Oh man, I ended up in the hospital, sorry for not messaging you sooner..
- Jerry – ???
- Tina – Why are you talking about me behind my back?
- Katrina – ?
- Gabriel – Hey babe, we need to talk, I can’t do this anymore…
- Kimmy – ?