Nerfing can be confusing, for we know there is a brand of toy guns that has the same name. But, what is nerfing in the gaming industry? We have the definition of the term below for you to understand it even more.
What does Nerfing Mean in Gaming?
Nerfing is the action in which a gamer reconfigures his or her character or weapon to make it less powerful. Most gamers do this to have fair play, especially if a person is already a pro gamer playing with new gamers.
Nerfing only means one thing.
Examples of Nerfing in Gaming Slang
- Mandy – I’m nerfing my character so I can help you level up. This will take a sec.
- Theo – Oh, great! Thank you!
- Damien – Are you nerfing your weapon? Why do you have to do that?
- Carl – I like to play fair and I see that my opponent is somewhat new.
- Dimitry – What are you doing with your character?
- Maggie – I’m nerfing it so I could join the tournament.