Are you curious to know what the term “NPC” in gaming means? If you are, we’ll help you out! We have the definition of “NPC” below, together with a few examples of how it’s used in a conversation.
What does NPC Mean in Gaming?
The term “NPC” means “Non-Player Character” and is a character controlled by AI’s of the game. Some characters in multi-player games are NPCs but can still damage your character and even kill you if not defeated right away.
In the gaming community, NPC only means “Non-Player Character.”
Examples of NPC in Gaming Slang
- Ash – NPCs are here!
- Leo – Copy that. We’re right behind you.
- Juno – Were you just killed by an NPC? lol
- Nelly – I didn’t see them coming!
- Fred – Our backups are NPC.
- William – Okay, no problem. Let’s go now!