Are you wondering what oi means in texting? Alright, in this article we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Oi Mean in Texting?
“Oi” is just a different way of saying “hey”. It is a greeting people use when they start a conversation with someone. Some even use it in everyday speech, not just in texting.
“Oi” could draw its roots from the punk subculture, because people who were a part of it would use it as a greeting almost exclusively.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Orders In
- Operating Income
- Open Interest
Examples of Oi in Text Slang
- Anna – Oi, wanna go to the mall with me?
- Patrice – Sure, let’s go.
- Linda – Oi, why were you talking behind my back with Chrissy?
- James – I have no idea what you’re talking about.
- Frank – Oi, what’s up, what’s the plan for tonight?
- Peter – No idea, no on said a word yet.