So, you’re curious about what OT means in texting? Well, in this article we will provide you with the answer. You just have to read on to get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does OT Mean in Texting?
OT is an acronym for “off-topic”. It is a phrase used when you’re trying to talk about something other than the main topic of discussion.
This phrase was commonly used on internet message boards and is nowadays found everywhere, most commonly on messengers and social media.
It is a nice way to change the topic of conversation without being rude, so you can just mention the phrase OT and everyone will know that you’re aware of the main topic, but that you really want to talk about something else.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Occupational Therapy
- Over Time
- Other Things
Examples of OT in Text Slang
- Ben – So, she said she doesn’t want to be with me anymore.
- Matt – OT, but did you watch the Bulls game?
- Mickey – OT, but what did you think of the new Batman?
- Janice – Wow, why are you bringing that up when I’m talking about work?
- Elaine – So I just couldn’t take it and I quit my job!
- Elizabeth – OT, but what do you think of these shoes?