Are you wondering what ROFL means in texting? Not a problem, that’s why we’re here. Read this article to find out! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does ROFL Mean in Texting?
ROFL is an acronym for “rolling on the floor laughing”. It is a common phrase, one that has been popular on the Internet for ages now. It is a more impactful version of LOL (laughing out loud), and you use it when you think something is really funny. So funny that you fell on the floor while laughing and started rolling around. Like a cartoon character!
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Run Over Flamingo’s Leg
- Rock On F*ckin’ Loser.
- Ragnarok Online Fantasy Land
Examples of ROFL in Text Slang
- Pete – So I saw the girl I like walking down the street, went to say hi and tripped over a rock and fell on my face!
- Jim – ROFL dude, that’s hilarious!
- Kelly – Did you watch Dumb & Dumber?
- Cruz – Yes! OMG ROFL that movie is so funny I love it!
- Anthony – So I was talking stuff about my boss behind his back, and what do you know, he was literally behind my back, listening!
- Marissa – ROFL, that sucks, hopefully, he isn’t too mad!