Is it the first time you’re hearing roguelike? If you wish to know what it means, you can find the meaning below. We also have a few examples for you to understand how it’s used in a sentence in the gaming community.
What does Roguelike Mean in Gaming?
Roguelike is a sub-genre of online games wherein players go through stages and different areas of the game. These games have different levels, have turn-based gameplay, and permanent death of the gamer’s character.
- Roguelike is also used as a term when a player has multiple kills in a game, making them rogue-like in an arena.
Examples of Roguelike in Gaming Slang
- Max – Let’s find a good Roguelike game today.
- Nate – I heard there’s a new game coming out in a few hours.
- Gabby – I’m not a fan of Roguelike games.
- Freddy – Maybe you’ll enjoy them once you try this game.
- Gamer X – Great, now I’m dead.
- Gamer Y – Sucks you can’t respawn in Roguelike games.