Are you curious about what /s means in texting? No worries, we will provide you with the answer to that question, just continue reading! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does /s Mean in Texting?
Basically, when someone types /s at the end of their sentence, it is a sign that they are being sarcastic. That’s what /s is, a tag for sarcasm.
These types of tags have been commonly used online on message boards, but this one managed to find its way into texts and social media. So, the next time you see someone using /s, you can be sure that they are being sarcastic.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Per second
Examples of /s in Text Slang
- Ricky – So she cheated on me again…
- Julia – Wow, you really learned your lesson /s
- Tom – I absolutely love my job /s
- Nicole – Haha, at least you’re getting paid!
- Adrien – What are you up to today?
- Maggie – Oh you know, making tons of money and enjoying life /s