This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
In the gaming community, the term “skid” is oftentimes misused. Now, we’ll be discussing what skid really means and we also provided some examples of how to use the word in a sentence to avoid confusion.
What does Skid Mean in Gaming?
A skid is a person who steals codes and other programs and uses these programs as their own. A skid takes credit for a program or easily hacks a system without breaking a sweat. There are plenty of skids in the gaming community.
Skid is also used to describe a losing streak. For example, a gamer had a 5-skid game, which means he or she lost 5 times in a row.
Examples of Skid in Gaming Slang
- Blake – I heard Player X is a skid, that’s why he’s so good.
- David – Maybe he really is good, no?
- Mike – Did you know there’s a new skid but he still won’t reveal himself.
- Nathan – Where? Here? Hope he doesn’t mess up anything.
- Frank – I’m worried that the skid might hack my account. I am one of the top players here.
- Alexis – We’ll do everything to avoid the skid.