In the gaming community, the term “skid” is oftentimes misused. Now, we’ll be discussing what skid really means and we also provided some examples of how to use the word in a sentence to avoid confusion.
What does Skid Mean in Gaming?
A skid is a person who steals codes and other programs and uses these programs as their own. A skid takes credit for a program or easily hacks a system without breaking a sweat. There are plenty of skids in the gaming community.
Skid is also used to describe a losing streak. For example, a gamer had a 5-skid game, which means he or she lost 5 times in a row.
Examples of Skid in Gaming Slang
- Blake – I heard Player X is a skid, that’s why he’s so good.
- David – Maybe he really is good, no?
- Mike – Did you know there’s a new skid but he still won’t reveal himself.
- Nathan – Where? Here? Hope he doesn’t mess up anything.
- Frank – I’m worried that the skid might hack my account. I am one of the top players here.
- Alexis – We’ll do everything to avoid the skid.