So, you want to know what “slat” means in texting? That’s easy, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Slat Mean in Texting?
In texting “slat” is an acronym for “Slime Love All the Time”, your “slimes” being your friends. However, it isn’t used as an acronym but as an exclamation. It was popularized through hip-hop and trap music and has seen a rise in popularity recently.
You use this exclamation in any positive situation as a sort of reinforcement, especially when talking about your friends. It can be used to add emphasis to something you are saying as well.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Secret Life of the American Teenager.
- Super Loud And Terrifying
Examples of Slat in Text Slang
- Jack – Man, my new girlfriend is so hot… Slat!
- Michael – God damn right! Slat!
- Joel – Are we going out to party tonight?
- Kim – For sure, it’s gonna be lit! Slat!
- Lucy – Will you take me on a ride in your new car?
- Andrew – For sure, my friends get to ride first! Slat!