Do you want to know what SNAFU means in texting? Not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does SNAFU Mean in Texting?
SNAFU is an acronym for “Situation Normal All F*cked Up”. This is a phrase that originated in the military, and it basically describes a scenario where things aren’t going your way. It was first used during the Vietnam war when something bad would happen during completely normal activities.
Nowadays it is used for the same type of situations, but in everyday life. When you’re having an unexpectedly bad day, you could simply describe it as SNAFU.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Simultaneous Navy Army Foul Up
Examples of SNAFU in Text Slang
- Bobby – How was your day yesterday?
- Will – Started out great, but then I had to go to a meeting that turned into a complete SNAFU.
- Mike – Wanna order pizza for dinner?
- Arianna – Sure, but let’s try a new place because our last order at Vinny’s was a total SNAFU.
- Tom – Man, when I came out of the house it was a sunny day but on my way to work, it started raining!
- Brandon – That’s SNAFU.