So, you want to know what stan means in texting? That’s easy, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Stan Mean in Texting?
In texting, “stan” is used to describe a crazy, obsessive fan of something. It is generally used in a joking way when you want to insult a friend that they are huge fans of something and can’t be objective about it. This slang term started out as a song by Eminem, called “Stan”. Stan is the name of the main character in the song, a crazy fan of Eminem that is writing letters to him and ends up committing suicide because Eminem doesn’t reply.
In time, the song was so influential, that the term “stan” was coined to describe irrational fans. It even rhymes with fan!
There are no alternative meanings for this word.
Examples of Stan in Text Slang
- Marshall – I love Drake so much!
- Kim – You are a Stan, his last album was not so good!
- Reggie – OMG I can’t wait to watch the new Doctor Strange movie!
- Clifford – You are a huge Marvel stan!
- Johnny – Stop being such a stan of bad music lol!
- May – Coldplay are not bad!