So, you’re wondering what STFU means in texting? No worries, in this article we will provide you with the answer you need. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does STFU Mean in Texting?
STFU is an acronym for “shut the fuck up”. It is basically a way of showing someone how incredibly annoying they are. You don’t like what they are saying so you want them to shut up, and you don’t feel like typing the whole phrase.
This acronym has been popular online for quite some time. Ever since the days of message boards, people have been using STFU to deal with annoying people and their opinions. The tradition lives on!
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Southern Tenant Farmers’ Union
- Stop Trolling For Unicorns
- Speak the fuck up
Examples of STFU in Text Slang
- Rick – I was so pissed off at work today, if the boss said one more word I would have punched him!
- Tonya – STFU Rick, you wouldn’t do a thing, stop acting tough!
- Sabrina – So basically, you need to stop texting my man, or else we’re gonna have some problems!
- Winnie – Girl, STFU, I’ll text whoever I want, talk to your man if you have problems with it.
- James – I just don’t think feminism is necessary today…
Chloe – Jesus Christ, STFU James, you’re so dumb and annoying!