So, you want to know what sup means in texting? We have the answer to that question, and you can get it if you just keep reading. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Sup Mean in Texting?
Sup (sometimes spelled ‘sup) is a shorter way of spelling what’s up. You use this phrase as a greeting during texting or when you want to see what someone is doing. The shorter version is very popular on social media nowadays, and you will often see younger people use the word “sup”.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Stand Up Paddling
Examples of Sup in Text Slang
- Tim – Hey man, sup?
- Kyle – Not much, sup with you?
- Gina – Hey girl, sup, heard you went out last night?
- Amy – Yeah, it was pretty good.
- Pete – Yo, Kim, sup, how are you, babe?
- Kimberly – Stop calling me babe, we are never getting together!