So, you want to know what “thumbs up” means in texting? That’s not a problem, in this article, we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does Thumbs Up Mean in Texting?
In texting “thumbs up” is a phrase you use when you want to encourage someone to do something. Or when you want to rate something positively. Basically just like in everyday conversations. It is best described as a sign of approval.
If you like something, you can text someone “thumbs up” about it. If you want to encourage a friend or give them affirmation, again, a simple “thumbs up” can do wonders.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Well wishes
- Up yours
Examples of Thumbs Up in Text Slang
- Johnny – Did you like the song I recorded?
- Annie – Yes, I loved it, thumbs up!
- Barbara – Do you like the dress I wore to Kim’s wedding?
- Clint – Yup, you get a thumbs up for that one!
- Jeff – What did you think of the new episode of Atlanta?
- Amanda – It’s amazing, thumbs up!