Are you wondering what TTYL means in texting? We’ll provide you with the answer to that question in this article. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does TTYL Mean in Texting?
TTYL is an acronym for “talk to you later”. It is commonly used when texting and is just an abbreviated version of a common phrase. We all need to end the conversation from time to time, and a simple TTYL is a great way to do just that. This way you’ll make sure to hear from that person again!
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Taste these yummy lips
- Type to You Later
- Take that, you loser
Examples of TTYL in Text Slang
- Lara – Sorry, can’t text anymore, my favorite show is starting, gotta pay attention.
- John – No problem, TTYL.
- Kris – OMG, it’s this late already? I have to get ready for work…
- Bruce – Alright, TTYL then, I should get some work done as well.
- Kimberly – Yo, was wondering if we are going to the cinema later this week?
- Tina – I’ll have to TTYL on that, not sure how much work I’ll need to do.