Are you trying to find out what TY means in texting? Got it, all you need to do is read on to get your answer. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does TY Mean in Texting?
It’s simple, TY is an acronym for “thank you”. Acronyms are used in texting to shorten some common phrasing and speed up writing a message. Saying thank you occurs often in conversations, so being able to shorten it is really great!
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Treat Yourself
- Twisted Youth
- Too Young
Examples of TY in Text Slang
- Rick – Lenny told me you stood up for me at the meeting today. TY!
- Andy – Not a problem, man, anytime!
- Morty – I am making your favorite dish for lunch today!
- Hannah – TY, can’t wait to eat it!
- Viola – TY for always being such a good sport and not running away from responsibility…
- Tommy – Haha, you’re welcome, I’m always here to help with stuff.