So, you want to know what WYF means in texting? Piece of cake, we’ll give you that answer right here. We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does WYF Mean in Texting?
WYF is an acronym for “where you from” or “where are you from?”. It’s a nice and quick way to learn where the person you’re texting with comes from. Nowadays, people are getting to know new friends and romantic partners online, so we have acronyms for the more common questions. A simple WYF will give you the info about a person’s hometown right away.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- What’s your favorite
- Why you flirting?
- Who you f*cking?
Examples of WYF in Text Slang
- Joey – Soo, WYF?
- Monica – I’m originally from Boston but I moved to LA about two years ago.
- Jeff – Oh, so you’re not from New York, WYF?
- Britta – I’m actually from Brazil.
- April – Hi, remember me? I’m the girl from the bar the other night, you gave me your number…
- Andy – Of course, I remember. I loved your accent, WYF?