Do you want to know what YD means in texting? That’s easy, in this article we will provide you with the answer. All you need to do is keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does YD Mean in Texting?
YD is an acronym for “ya dig?”, or “do you dig?”, meaning “do you agree?”. It is basically a cool way of asking someone if they agree with something you said, or if it suits them. It originated in hip-hop slang but you can see it being used everywhere nowadays.
This is a useful acronym because it can be used in a variety of situations, and makes texting simpler and faster.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- Yes Dear
- Year Down
Examples of YD in Text Slang
- Lisa – We’re meeting up at 8 PM at the usual spot and then we’re driving to the bar. YD?
- Karla – Yup, got it!
- Joey – Check the presentation before work tomorrow, and make sure to add the music. YD?
- Matthew – Yes, all clear!
- Andrew – Don’t do stuff like that, you’re embarrassing yourself. YD?
- Tony – Yeah, I know, I can’t help it sometimes.