So, you want to know what YOLO means in texting? Alright, in this article we will provide you with the answer. Just keep on reading and you will get it! We’re going to explain what it means and provide you with some examples of how to use it…
What does YOLO Mean in Texting?
YOLO is an acronym for “You Only Live Once”. Canadian rapper Drake popularized this phrase in his songs. Basically, it means that since you only have one life to live, you should live it to the fullest and have fun.
The acronym is generally used whenever people want to do something crazy, risky, or simply go party. They are aware that they only live once, so they take every chance they get to have fun.
It can also mean a few other things, but it would be rare to see them used this way…
- You Obviously Lack Originality
- You Only LOL Once
- You Only Lose Once
Examples of YOLO in Text Slang
- Mick – Are we going to another party tonight? I’m tired!
- Lisa – Of course we are! You can handle it! YOLO
- Bobby – I didn’t study for the exam but I’ll still try, maybe I pass.
- Joey – That’s the spirit, YOLO.
- Kimberly – I just want to be at home tonight and watch movies…
- Trina – No way, we’re young and we’re going partying! YOLO